What to do if your mom/dad is…

Drinking all the time and you are sick of the yelling.


You deserve to feel safe and yelling is a form of emotional abuse. If you feel overwhelmed, you can try going to a drop-in center to talk to someone who can help you think about options or even counseling. You can find more about safe spaces by chatting with or calling the National Runaway Safeline. They also have some great links on their site. If you’re in the Bay Area, try reaching out to Huckleberry House in San Francisco (415-621-2929) or DreamCatcher in Oakland (800-379-1114).

Back to Tips →