What to do if…

Your friend’s boyfriend assaulted her and she wants help but is afraid talking to someone might get her undocumented parents in trouble.


Everyone has a right to be safe no matter about their legal status.  You deserve protection and a chance to heal. Your friend can call LoveisRespect or chat anonymously to learn more about her rights and access to counseling and medical attention. She and her parents might be eligible for legal status and help.  You can contact Legal Services for Children in the San Francisco area or Huckleberry 24/7 teen crisis line (415-621-2929).  Many survivors of domestic violence or human trafficking have the chance to gain legal immigration status. An immigration attorney can help your friend figure out if that applies to them.

Back to Tips →